Sunday, February 1, 2009

Brandon Prideaux Interview

Came across this interview with Brandon Prideaux from a while back, but I liked this answer he gave about not being selfish. It's very hard to be a good teammate when you're not playing. Not saying you should stick with a team if you're not getting a chance, but if your team is winning, you've got to support the team:

While you may not be an all-star, you seem to be part of successful sides wherever you go. What is it you try to bring to your club everyday?

My competitiveness. I really want to win, no matter what. I’m willing to do whatever it takes. If that means sacrificing for the team, I’ll do it. I had a year (2004) back in D.C., when I played half the season and toward the end I wasn’t playing. That was one of the most special years for me personally. We won it and I ended up swallowing my pride and doing what was best for the team. That’s the most important thing if you want to have success, to do what’s best for the team and organization, and not be selfish. I look back on that year, to be on the bench I could’ve been down and drug the team down, and been a bad locker room guy. I think I did the opposite. I tried to keep a good attitude and work hard in training. Most successful teams are filled with character guys, players who think of the team first.

Read more...