Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I Have a Competition In Me

"I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people."

Liverpool 4 Arsenal 2

It was either the 'competition' line from There Will Be Blood for the title of this piece or 'I've abandoned my boy', think the competition line fits this game better, as both teams never gave up, nobody abandoned nothing.

I was thinking I’d much prefer to watch the Barcelona match on Wednesday, seeing how these clubs have just played one and another the game would be a hunkered down one goal type of conservative stalemate—Benitez going the route of advancement by any means possible. But this was a back and forth game from the first whistle.

Crouch got the start. Both he and Henry are two forwards that are seemingly destined for the trading block and will be looking for new homes next year.

How helpful would it be for Arsenal to have the services of Rosicky? The dynamic Czech midfielder adds that extra spice to a side that controls the ball so well, but he’s lost for the season.

Best third installment since Empire Strikes Back. Think Derek Rae was right with this introduction. A ‘wall of sound’ from the Liverpool faithful that watched on.

Read more...